School Building Property Maintenance Programme
Supporting Blackburn and Darwen Borough Council
As part of Capita’s 15 year strategic partnership with Blackburn with Darwen Council, Capita undertook a school maintenance programme which ensured 70 schools, nurseries and specialist educational centres across the borough were statutory compliant and regularly maintained. Capital projects were also delivered with an annual construction value of £3m, over a variety of projects including, extensions, refurbishments, re-modelling, asbestos abatement, roofing schemes, energy advice, statutory compliance and a help desk.
We created a bespoke strategic maintenance and repair solution for each and every school to ensure council school buildings operate to their full potential. This service is offered to remove surprises and maximise efficiency, making sure replacement components – from simple ring electrical mains to complex air conditioning systems – are installed in a programmed way to minimise disruption to the school environment.
The works completed on the schools included
- Annual planned maintenance services – ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and legislation
- Preparation of condition surveys including maintenance and prioritising the capital repair programme
- Procurement, negotiation and management of service contracts to ensure value for money
- Management of the framework contractors undertaking the building work
- Asbestos management support and advice utilising our in-house Asbestos Surveyor
- Development of client specific Service Level Agreements
- Internal remodelling projects to maximise the use of space in the schools
Get in touch
We would love to hear from you...Click here
To find out more.....
about our property maintenance servicesClick here