Take ten with Peter Colwell, Business Unit Director for Re at Capita
Life at Capita…
1. Tell us about your role at Re for Capita?
I’m in week 2 of my role as Business Unit Director responsible for the delivery of all services delivered by Re (A JV between Capita and London Borough of Barnet) for the Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration Programme. The £4bn programme will deliver an improved town centre including a revitalised Brent Cross Shopping Centre, 7,500 new homes, three new schools, major road improvements, new Thameslink Station and new community facilities.
2. What is your biggest success or proudest moment at Capita?
I’ve only just recently started with Capita so it’s very early days for me just now, but I guess it’s landing such an exciting role on one of the biggest Regeneration project in Europe.
3. If you could describe Capita in three words, what would it be?
Innovative, creative and passionate
4. What do you like most about your role?
I really enjoy working with so many different people with such diverse skills and the challenge of dealing with something new every day.
5. Tell us something people might not know about Capita Re?
Re currently employs about 260 people on the programme and is committed to creating employment opportunities in the local community. Re has so far created over 40 new local jobs.
6. When you were a child, what did you dream of being when you grew up?
I wanted to be a footballer; unfortunately knee injuries prevented me from following my dream!
7. What do you do in your spare time?
I like nothing more than putting on my walking boots and walking in the hills and mountains in North Wales where I live. It’s a great way to de-stress.
8. If you had to eat just one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
Freshly caught Grilled Lobster, with a side salad and a glass of Sancerre.
9. What was the best piece of advice you ever received?
“..The more you put into life the more you will get out..”
10. Tell us something people might not know about you
Although I’m a keen fly fisherman I can’t stand the taste of trout!!