Our insight team are based at our partnership with The London Borough of Barnet but work with local authorities across the country.
1. What is your team responsible for?
Our team is responsible for delivering insight and analytics projects, improving the customer experience, delivering savings, and generating revenue for our clients. Our team uses sophisticated tools and techniques that can help clients develop a deeper understanding of their customers, enabling the design of better and more targeted services. This includes the delivery of managed insight services for the London Borough of Barnet and for 5 Councils, helping to co-design council services, ensuring they are targeted to the needs of the end user. We also support Capita Group Sales by providing client insight to support bid activity and the development and delivery of business case-based gain-share work with key Capita partnerships.
2. Roughly how many people are in the Insight & Analytics team?
We are a team of ten working right across the UK.
3. Describe a typical day in for the Insight & Analytics team
It’s a fast-paced environment where we can be working with multiple organisations on different projects at any given time. Our team manages all aspects of insight projects, including client engagement to understand their key challenges and objectives, which is used to develop a project brief. Moving into data analysis, we then develop the data requirement, collect check, and cleanse the information, before undertaking more exploratory and targeted analysis. Our team also works on modelling and mapping the data to help develop usable reports and presentations, generating rich insights which inform recommendations for change and improvement for our clients and stakeholders.
4. What is the proudest moment for your team?
There have been lots of stand-out moments for the team including:
- Helping the West London Alliance to secure £1m funding from the government’s Transformation Challenge Award to support economic development across West London.
- Establishing our first Insight Team managed service for the London Borough of Barnet in 2013, which has enabled the Council to understand its residents and services better, making better informed decisions and supporting the delivery of major savings programmes.
- Being selected to deliver an extensive Open Data Platform for a shared service partnership with five district councils (Havant, Hart, Mendip, Vale of White Horse, and South Oxfordshire District Councils), where we are also providing strategic insight to support business cases for wider transformation opportunities across the partnership.
5. Tell us something that people may not know about the Insight & Analytics team
We have over 75 years of collective experience in insight and analytics