An innovative joint venture with London Borough of Barnet, that is helping to design, create, shape and grow sustainable places we all want to live.
What is the team responsible for?
We offer end-to-end planning management and support to make the process of submitting a planning application as stress free and efficient as possible. Our consultants and designers know that making a planning application is often the first major step on any development project, therefore it is important our clients have access to specialist advice and assistance.
We offer the following services to our clients
- Preliminary planning appraisals
- Measured building and site surveys
- Building design
- Pre-application support
- Minor to major planning applications
- Planning appeals
- Acoustic, air quality, contaminated land and arboricultural assessments
Our clients range from homeowners both in and out of Barnet who are either looking to extend their properties, through to property developers looking to build new properties or convert dwellings into flats. We also carry out work for other services within Re and Capita.
Roughly how many people are in the Development consultancy team?
We started off with just two part-time staff, we now have six full-time members of staff working in a variety of positions;
- Operations and development manager: manages the team and ensures project targets are met, procedures are followed and the business is commercially operated
- Planning consultants: conduct site appraisals, offer planning advice on developments, input into the design process and produce detailed planning documents for applications
- Designers: conduct surveys of sites / buildings (using a 3D laser scanner when required), produce existing drawing and design new schemes
- Business support and commercial controls officer; manages the team finances, contracts and day-to-day project management
Describe a typical day in for the Development consultancy team
Every day is different in the team, but typically one of the designers may have a site survey to complete. The other designer may be completing a design on CAD and discussing it with the client.
The consultants may be conducting site appraisals, producing planning statements or be liaising with potential clients on a proposal.
What is the proudest moment for your team?
Month-on-month the team continues to win bigger projects, also our operations and development manager made the Capita Local Public Services shortlisting panel in the Capita Change Maker awards for her leadership, commercial focus and staff empowerment skills, whilst operating with tact and sensitivity in multi-agency working environment.
Tell us something that people may not know about the Development consultancy team
We are the first team within Re to trial GoogleAd’s to promote our service.