Re’s Regeneration team is supporting Barnet Council’s regeneration programme to help make the London Borough of Barnet a place where people want to live, work and invest.
Download the full case study, here.
Re is a joint venture between Capita and the London Borough of Barnet. It was set up in 2013 to improve and deliver a range property, development and regulatory services to local authorities and commercial organisations.
We are supporting the development of new homes, improving the retail and leisure proposition, all of which in turn will create employment, increased footfall and encourage further investment.
The West Hendon estate is in the South West of Barnet. The regeneration programme aims to create a new integrated community by replacing existing homes on the estate with a new mixed tenure housing development of 2,194 homes (a net gain of 1,553 units).
To support the West Hendon regeneration programme scheme, Re are managing the project on behalf of the London Borough of Barnet. Re are supporting the council by:
- Facilitating delivery of the councils obligations set out in the principal development agreements and monitoring those of the development partner
- Managing the relationship between the community and development partners
- Co-ordinating site assembly, in particular overseeing residential and commercial land and rights acquisitions
- Securing and where necessary implementing compulsory purchase orders
- Identifying opportunities to introduce new project elements that ‘add value’ or permit acceleration of the programme
- Working with partners across the council to make sure the regeneration of the estate is supported by the efforts of other council departments, in particular ensuring S106 expenditure is aligned to the scheme priorities
Ensuring economic regeneration opportunities offered by the scheme are fully realised.
Find out more of Re's projects by visiting their website.