Our empty homes review service helps you identify homes that have been brought back into use, enabling you to maximise revenue from the new homes bonus grant and increase council tax collection.
Download our brochure to find out more about our empty homes review service.
It is fully-managed and low-risk, meaning there is no additional work for your employees or upfront investment from you.
New homes bonus
The government is tackling the problem of empty properties through the New Homes Bonus (NHB). It’s a grant paid to local authorities for increasing the number of homes in use. The NHB grant is available for bringing empty homes back into use. By reviewing empty homes across your local authority you can identify properties that have been brought back into occupancy, qualify for the New Homes Bonus and maximise revenue.
We have an end-to-end solution to review, identify and verify homes that are no longer empty. We do this by:
- Identifying properties that are registered as empty for at least six months
- Using specialist credit reference data to determine properties, registered as empty, which show evidence of occupancy
- Carrying out property inspections to verify occupancy
- Assessing whether each home brought back into use is eligible to receive the NHB grant
- Checking whether the residents are required to pay council tax on the property
- Updating your council tax records with the latest information.
Benefits to you:
- Increased revenue through the New Homes bonus grant and council tax collection
- More accurate council tax and empty property records
- No upfront investment
- No additional work for existing resources
- Results in a pre-agreed timeframe.