Local authority budgets continue to be challenged and the demand for housing is at an all-time high.
Our single person discount review and tenancy verification services guarantee to bring in revenue to bridge your budget gaps, cut down on fraudulent claims for discount and reduce waiting times for social housing.
Single person discount reviews
Every year an estimated £90 million worth of single person discount (SPD) is fraudulently claimed across the UK, reducing the money available to deliver local services.
We provide local authorities with a fully-managed service that quickly identifies residents that are no longer eligible to claim single person discounts on their council tax, meaning no extra work for your teams. We reduce the number of ineligible SPD claims being made and in turn generate revenue for your organisation.
Our service includes:
- Financial data analysis to identify residents that are no longer living alone
- Use of innovative technology to detect high risk cases of fraud
- Management of the entire process from data analysis to investigation and handling all correspondence with citizens to update your records
- Online forms for residents to verify whether their living circumstances have changed, meaning reviews are more successful, quicker and cost effective for your local authority
- A ‘payments by results’ which means we take on the full financial risk
- A tailored approach, including reviews that are ongoing, cyclical or used on an ad-hoc basis.
Download our brochure for more information on our single person discount service.
Against a housing shortfall, an estimated 1.8 million of citizens are waiting for social housing. Government figures show that at least 50,000 social homes are being unlawfully sublet and local authorities are footing the bill of placing families in temporary accommodation.
Our tenancy verification service helps you to:
- Reduce tenancy fraud
- Free up sublet properties
- Reduce the cost of placing people in temporary accommodation
- Lower the waiting times for social housing
We provide detailed credit reference analysis to report on and verify households that are potentially being sublet. It gives you a low risk way to tackle fraud and have an up to date view of your housing stock.
Download our brochure for more information on our tenancy verification service.
To learn more about how we can help your council, read our Single Person Discount.