Local authorities continue to face significant financial challenges against ongoing funding and welfare reform changes. It’s placing additional pressure on already stretched housing benefit services. We can provide immediate and long term solutions to support delivery of housing benefit services.
As the country’s leading provider of housing benefit services, our 2,600-strong UK based team work with over 100 councils to:
- improve the quality of services provided to customers
- reduce the time taken to process claims
- overcome staff shortages and meet peaks in demand
- lower the cost
- reduce fraud, error and overpayments
- deliver digital and more accessible service.
Whether it’s a fully-managed service, short-term access to additional capacity and resilience or working alongside your teams, our housing benefit services offer the right combination of value for money, best practice processes, online solutions and highly-skilled people.
Housing benefit and council tax support administration
We handle all administration functions from the initial point of contact and claim assessment through to overpayment recovery and appeals.
We think councils and local authorities should see learning and development as a planned process. With appropriately trained employees, councils and local authorities will be better equipped to provide services to the community. Take a look at our learning spotlight on housing benefit policy to find out more about this service.
Digital housing benefit services and process redesign
By combining effective digital software, supported by new processes and customer engagement, we can help you to run a successful digital housing benefit service that lowers the cost and demand related customer enquiries. We provide:
- integrated software, citizen portals, self-checks and automated processes – enabling you to provide a digital service, available via the web or mobile, and be more in tune with the way residents live their lives
- new customer contact processes – to maximise the use of more cost-effective channels, such as websites, online forms, email and more effective IVR technology
- customer communications – including local marketing campaigns to increase uptake of the online service and give additional support to vulnerable customers
- digital service design - working alongside your customer services teams to evaluate your digital maturity and make recommendations to improve your processes, implement technology or maximise online uptake.
Our approach – quality and first point resolution
We focus on ‘getting it right first time’. This means we embed quality in all aspects of service design and delivery and ensure our employees have the right skills and training to deliver highest-quality service.